Moneymaking—that is the name of Elliot’s game. The gears in Elliot’s mind seem to turn only for moneymaking schemes. Last summer, Elliot put up a lemonade stand near the soccer field where thirsty athletes under the heat of the sun hang out. The summer before that, Elliot spearheaded three garage sales, one of which was mentioned in the local newspaper for its innovation and appearances of our town’s aristocrats. Every weekend, Elliot handles babysitting, dog walking and tutoring services.
Elliot embodies everyone’s desire to get rich. The topic of how to become rich hangs around everywhere—from books, to classes, to rich people giving tips, to online articles that offer how to become rich schemes. And Elliot, as if he was not into how to become rich schemes already, asked me to find more stuff about how to become rich. Here’s what the Internet offers on how to become rich:
• Define “rich”. Is it about money or maintaining a luxurious lifestyle? Is it about prestige? Or is it about power? Or what about love?
• Be self-employed if possible.
• Delay gratification. That means cutting expenses, getting a job that pays more, working for a promotion, downgrading your car or apartment, or spending time wisely. All for the sake of future satisfaction.
• Save. The right way to save is to put money aside first before spending, as opposed to spending then saving what’s left of your money.
• Invest wisely. Put your money on long-term, low-risk stocks. A few bucks on volatile stocks every now and then could be good, but the best tools for getting rich are solid, slow-growing stocks.
• It’s hard to get rich but it’s even harder to stay rich! Live within your means; even better, live below your means!
• Get in touch with the rich. These rich people can offer you tips, and serve as your role models. But, hold it, you don’t need to fly first class with them or spend for dinner in a five-star hotel—you can always use the Internet to get in touch with these rich guys, right?
To become rich, you don’t need to be a mobster boss or rob a bank. There are legal and practical ways on how to become rich. Money doesn’t grow on trees—you need to handle it wisely. Moreover, getting rich, just like any endeavor, can never be attained without struggling for it. Get-rich-quick schemes are scams. The best way to get rich is to be armed with a plan, and have the guts to implement that plan.
So, what are you waiting for? Draw up your plan on making money now! You can hold on to those greens and grow it over the years. If the bucks are still dormant, who knows? With the right strategies, you may very well one day wake up to find that you are already genuinely rich!
Discover Other Great Things on Our Website
- Quick access to the links mentioned in the article above and more!
- How to become rich glossary definition
- ALL our How to Become a Millionaire related articles
- ALL our How to Become Rich related articles