Like any other human being, my life isn’t always sunshine and blue skies. I’ve had my share of problems, both emotional and not-so emotional. Every time I start feeling low though, I let my mind do the talking so that I can get out of the rut. But how does the mind power function? Well, it’s like this:
• The seat of our cognition is the brain. Since this is the case, the mind power controls our thoughts. When we think negatively all the time, the mind makes these negative concepts come true. These thoughts increase in strength and they begin to affect our attitudes, our perceptions and our behavior. When we think positively, the mind does the same. For good things to happen in our lives we have to constantly visualize mental images that are also good.
• The mind also governs our emotions. To avoid feeling down when life takes a hit on us, we must affirm to ourselves that troubles will come to pass. These assertions will help us feel more positive and more able to face life’s challenges.
A Fun Video – Comments?
• The mind can make us sick and can also cure our pain, physical or emotional. Our emotions manifest themselves in physical ways. For example, when we are depressed, the body reacts in manners that would correspond to the depression. Hence we may lack appetite due to the sadness and eventually we might develop ulcer from not eating. Similarly, the mind can convince a sick person that he is getting better. Someone who is feverish may then be cured of the symptoms if truly believes that he isn’t sick.
• Finally, when we have things that we need to accomplish and find ourselves unable to do so, the mind power dictate to us our goal. We can do this through the help of concentration that is, focusing our thoughts, thinking of our goal and visualizing it. Afterwards, we should come up with a specific plan on how to go about achieving the said goal. The plan naturally has to be based on what’s tangible and real otherwise, all our visualization and planning will be in vain. Then we can start working on our plans. It will take effort on our part, but we need to commit to our memory that in the end, our effort will pay.
So are you feeling as if you are in a rut these days? Do you lack sleep due to vehement worries? Perhaps, you still cannot figure out how to attract that particularly hard to pin down goal. Or maybe you are in deep pain. If any of these are true to you, remember that the mind has the incredible power to change things. You can train yourself to not carry so much emotional baggage or have so many negative perceptions in your life. Think mental positive! BE mental positive! You’ll feel a lot better, you’ll see.
Discover Other Great Things on Our Website
- Quick access to the links mentioned in the article above and more!
- Why do people need mind training?
- The power of the subconscious mind – how to unleash
- Can motivational thoughts help when motivation flies out the window?
- ALL our Power of Subconscious Mind related articles