Bruce Hemingway has two things in common with Batman. One, he shares the same name with billionaire Bruce Wayne, the Dark Knight’s “alter ego”. Two, he rescues people, but the only difference is that while Batman does this with his Batmobile, Batcave and martial arts, Bruce Hemingway does this by being a life coach.
Life coaches like Bruce Hemingway or Tony Robbins dedicate their life to the craft of guiding, educating and training an individual or a group of people with the aim to achieve a goal or develop a skill. Exactly what do life coaches do? Read this to find out:
• Life coaches lend a hand to clients in determining and achieving personal goals by applying methods such as mentoring, values assessment, behavior modification, behavior modeling and goal setting.
• Life coaches play the part of a “sounding board”. Clients see life coaches as people who listen to them and give them sincere feedback.
• Life coaches are motivators—they are ready to offer support when clients need a self confidence boost and be a lamppost to guide them which direction they should be taking.
• Though some coaches have a background in counseling, they engage their clients in a process that is different than a therapy session. Whereas therapists delve into the healing of past wounds, life coaches motivate you in examining your present situation and moving your life forward. Moreover, therapists aid the problematic whereas life coaches help the healthy people perk up their lives.
• They help you take the time out to evaluate your life and open your eyes as to why your life is not working the way you want it to.
• They help you create inspiring goals, locate and throw away hidden beliefs that limit your potential, keep you focused and positive.
Does your life need a coach? If amidst all your responsibilities, projects, activities and accomplishments you still feel a void in your heart and if there’s a tiny voice that tells you, you are going the wrong way then you definitely need a life coach to guide you to the right track. But remember, life coaches are only there to help you—you are in control of the coaching process, YOU ARE IN CHARGE of where your life will be going.
Discover Other Great Things on Our Website
- Quick access to the links mentioned in the article above and more!
- How do you set your goals?
- How can a person improve self confidence?
- Examples of smart goals how do you make goals SMART?
- ALL our Motivation Model related articles